In 1902, Coimbatore “Nattanmai Kazhagam” initiated a very important step in Education by starting two Elementary Schools for Boys and Girls separately at Peelamedu, Coimbatore District. Later, it was decided to merge both schools.
The merged Elementary School, the brainchild of Coimbatore Nattanmai Kazhagam, had a humble and simple beginning and it was handed over to PSG & Sons’ Charities on 03.06.1943 by the timely efforts of late Diwan Bahadur PSG Rangaswamy Naidu (the second in the order) and his three brothers in the name of “PSG Basic School”. It was later called as PSG Primary School and it is blessed with success by serving society.
Now, the School is at the forefront of creating educational awareness among the pupil’s community by means of various innovative educational programs. The School offers a holistic education with lofty mottos that are instilled in the minds of young ones to uphold the divine qualities and succeed later in all walks of life.
“The destiny of India is now being shaped in her classrooms” – this epoch-making sentence is being realized in PSG Primary School, Peelamedu with deep-conviction and commitment by emerging as one of the premier primary schools in the educational map of Coimbatore.